This is an exciting opportunity for graduates or junior professionals to begin or continue a career in product safety and regulatory consulting. From the beginning, you will be integrated into our project teams and actively contribute to ensuring chemical safety of industrial chemicals, cosmetics, medical devices and pharmaceuticals. Along with your ‘on the job training’, we will set-up targeted in-house trainings and look for external opportunities to develop your technical and soft skills according to your specific needs.
Depending on your experiences, your job will initially include:
- Identification of toxicological, ecotoxicology and environmental fate data for chemical substances in public and commercial expert databases
- Quality analysis, robust study summaries and accurate presentation of scientific information related to the effects of chemicals on humans and the environment
- Data gap analysis and identification of testing strategies under special consideration of using animal alternatives to fill endpoint gaps including quantitative structure activity analysis (QSAR), in chemico, high throughput screening and general in vitro approaches
- Drafting of hazard/risk assessments of chemicals present as ingredients or impurities in cosmetics, medicines or medical devices
- Registration dossier preparation as required under EU regulations
- Monitoring of physico-chemical, toxicology, ecotoxicology and environmental fate testing conducted at external contract research organizations (CROs)
We are seeking a flexible, motivated, and team-oriented individual who enjoys the scientific nature of our work.
- University degree (MSc or PhD) in toxicology and/or related sub-disciplines, including regulatory affairs, pharmacology, ecotoxicology, and environmental health sciences
- Strong technical and data evaluation skills with meticulous attention to detail; flexibility and enthusiasm for working on a variety of tasks
- Should be familiar with toxicological literature search databases, OECD guidelines for testing of chemicals and/or have experience working with any EU Regulation (REACH/Biocides/ Cosmetics/Pharmaceuticals)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to convey scientific subject matter in a simple manner
- Evidence of a creative, problem-solving, ‘can-do’ mindset
- Self-motivated and passionate to make a long-term carrier in a consulting environment
- Flexibility to travel abroad (if needed)
If you have one or multiple of the following skills, let us know. It’s an added plus but not essential:
- Knowledge/experience with (Q)SAR and/or exposure assessment modelling tools
- Awareness of novel, non-animal approaches to safety assessment
- Knowledge/experience in chemical and/or product safety regulations
We are also interested in hearing from you even if your profile does not completely match the above. If you are keen on learning and filling any gaps, you could still be the right candidate for us.
What you can expect
- Interesting work in a field that matters!
- A variety of stimulating and rewarding assignments – you’ll never get bored!
- Substantial internal (‘on the job’) and training in (eco)toxicological safe assessments and the emerging field of new approach (animal-free) methodologies
- A good work-life balance
- A great team of colleagues at different experience levels in a friendly and open ‘help each other’ culture
- Salary: Competitive and relatively higher than market standards for candidates with relevant experience and/or long-term commitments and performance-oriented bonus scheme
Who we are
ToxMinds BVBA is an international product safety consultancy with headquarters in Brussels (Belgium) and a subsidiary office in Bangalore (India). We are passionate about providing scientific, regulatory, and strategic support to the chemicals, cosmetics, consumer products and pharmaceutical industries. We enjoy the scientific nature of our work, promote the use of animal alternatives in chemical safety assessments and appreciate the opportunity to use good science in regulatory processes.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation here.