In this role, you will manage and contribute to projects for clients from the chemicals, biocides, cosmetic and pharmaceutical sectors. Our clients will benefit from your technical expertise and guidance in assuring product safety and regulatory compliance. Internally, you will conceptualise and set up the projects and you will guide the project teams with a focus on developing the technical skills of our junior team members ‘on the job’. Ultimately, you will be responsible for delivering the finished and regulatory compliant safety documentation to the client for internal use and/or regulatory submission.
If you enjoy contributing to business development, you will join our BD team and help expanding our service offerings to meet our clients’ emerging safety and regulatory needs.
We are seeking a flexible, self-motivated, and team-oriented individual. Candidates should be capable of driving the work independently, understand the nature of a service-oriented consulting firm and be interested in contributing to business development.
- University degree (preferably a PhD) in (eco)toxicology, biology, environmental chemistry, computational toxicology, or pharmacology. Certification in (eco)toxicology is desirable
- Strong (eco)toxicology and risk assessment background, demonstrated by at least 5-10 years of professional experience gained in the chemical, consumer product or pharmaceutical industry or in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated experience in writing and submitting safety documentation as required under EU environmental and human health regulations such as REACH, the Biocidal and/or the Cosmetic Product Regulations
- Direct experience with exposure and computational modelling tools or, at least, a good understanding of how to use the information generated in classical and/or next generation risk assessment. Experience and knowledge in PBK modelling is a plus
- Experience with the management, monitoring, auditing, and interpretation of physico-chemical, (eco)toxicological, and/or environmental fate studies
- Creativity, a solution-oriented, and business mindset
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, along with excellent project management and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
Even if your profile does not perfectly match our requirements, we still want to hear from you. We are looking for candidates who are eager to learn and willing to fill any gaps in their knowledge.
What you can expect
- Responsibilities for work in a variety of stimulating and technically challenging assignments in different industry sectors – you’ll never get bored!
- Prospect to work in external expert groups, consortia and task forces
- Opportunity to become a member of the senior management team by assuming a leading role in business development
- A competitive salary and performance-oriented bonus scheme
- The right balance between work and private life – flexible working hours and home office (hybrid model if desired)
- A great team of colleagues in a business-minded but friendly and open ‘help each other’ culture
- Additional benefits such as extra-legal vacation, meal vouchers, company pension plan, hospitalisation insurance and a mobility budget
- Fun team building activities
Who we are
ToxMinds BVBA is an international product safety consultancy with headquarters in Brussels (Belgium) and an office in Bangalore (India). We are passionate about providing scientific, regulatory, and strategic support to the chemicals, cosmetics, consumer products and pharmaceutical industries. We enjoy the scientific nature of our work, promote the use of animal alternatives in chemical safety assessments and appreciate the opportunity to use good science in regulatory processes.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation here.