In this role, you will contribute to and manage toxicology projects in the chemicals, biocides, cosmetic and pharmaceutical sectors, including regulatory vigilance. Our clients will benefit from your technical expertise and scientific and regulatory guidance in (eco)toxicology of chemical substances, identification of (eco)toxicological data gaps and assessment strategies to assure chemical and product safety. Ultimately you will be responsible for delivering the finished and regulatory-compliant safety documentation to the client for internal use or regulatory submission.
You will be integrated into interdisciplinary teams and guide our junior toxicologists to further develop their technical skills. In addition, you will help us expand our service offerings to new regulatory developments and/or the application of new approaches and next-generation risk assessment (NGRA) methodologies in the different sectors.
We are seeking a flexible, self-motivated, and team-oriented individual. Candidates should be capable of driving the work independently, understand the nature of a service-oriented consulting firm and be interested in contributing to business development.
- University master’s degree (preferably a PhD) in (eco)toxicology, biology, environmental chemistry, computational toxicology, or pharmacology; a certification in (eco)toxicology is desirable
- Strong (eco)toxicology and risk assessment background, demonstrated by at least 5-10 years of professional experience gained in the chemical, consumer product or pharmaceutical industry or a consulting environment; ERT/DABT certifications are desirable.
- Proven experience in writing and submitting safety documentation as required under EU environmental and human health regulations such as REACH, the Biocidal and/or the Cosmetic Product Regulations.
- Experience in the management, monitoring and interpretation of (eco)toxicological studies
- Familiar with exposure and computational modelling tools (e.g., QSAR, PBK) and other new approach methodologies; you have a passion for enhancing the use of these concepts in risk assessment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities going along with excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- Good experience in working with and communicating with regulatory authorities and other non-industry stakeholders
- Creative, work solution-oriented and have a business mind; strong commitment to quality and an attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about making a long-term carrier in a consulting environment
We also want to hear from you even if your profile does not completely match the above. If you are keen on learning and filling any gaps, you could still be the right candidate for us.
What you can expect
- Responsibilities for work in a variety of stimulating and technically challenging assignments in different industry sectors – you’ll never get bored!
- Prospect to work in external expert groups, consortia and task forces
- The right balance between work and private life
- A great team of colleagues in a business-minded but friendly and open ‘help each other’ culture
- Opportunity to become a member of the senior management team by assuming a leading role in business development
- Salary: Competitive and relatively higher than market standards for candidates with relevant experience and/or long-term commitments and a performance-oriented bonus scheme
Who we are
ToxMinds BVBA is an international product safety consultancy with headquarters in Brussels (Belgium) and a subsidiary office in Bangalore (India). We are passionate about providing scientific, regulatory, and strategic support to the chemicals, cosmetics, consumer products and pharmaceutical industries. We enjoy the scientific nature of our work, promote the use of animal alternatives in chemical safety assessments and appreciate the opportunity to use good science in regulatory processes.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation here.